Powered by Blogger.

Sunday 8 February 2015

Tagged under: , , ,

Sweet Potato Latte Recipe


I had a warm cup of Sweet Potato Latte from Tom n Toms Coffee and the idea of making my own struck me. The next thing I know, I was at this 24hrs NTUC purchasing some sweet potatoes.

Sweet Potato Latte is a popular breakfast and afternoon treat in Korea. Though it consists of Latte in it's name, the drink itself has no coffee in it!

Without further ado, here's a really simple and easy recipe for Sweet Potato Latte (고구마 라떼).

PREPARATION TIME:
20 mins

MAIN INGREDIENTS:
1 sweet potato (Small Size)
1 drinking cup of milk (Almond or Soy Milk preferred)
1 tbsp Maple Syrup/Honey

In my case, I used Japanese Sweet Potatoes (because I could only get that from the supermarket). You are recommended to use Korean Sweet Potatoes.

Firstly, pick a small-sized sweet potato and wash it before steaming it. You may choose to peel the skin off by using a peeler before steaming it, but I steamed it first before I peeled the skin off using my hands.

The steaming process may take 5-10 minutes. After which, rest the potato on a plate. To make sure that it's fully cooked, poke a fork through it.

If the fork goes through fully, the potato is cooked
Diced up the potato into small cubes so it's easier to blend them later. While cutting the potato into pieces, you may notice that some parts of the potato is still a little hard. Fret not! Place them into a small bowl and put it in the microwave for a short while.

Following which, prepare your blender and pour in the cooked diced potatoes, cup of milk as well as the maple syrup/honey. (Note: Do not add too much maple syrup/honey. You may adjust the amount to your liking after you taste the final product after blending.)

Blend them together for a minute or so, until the texture becomes smooth. Do taste it before serving. If it is too thick, you can add in more milk.

And you're done!
The Sweet Potato Latte I had at Tom n Toms Coffee was a warm version. 

So, for the warm version, follow the exact same steps as listed above. However, pour the latte into a cup at the end and microwave it before serving. 

Optional: You may choose to top off the drink with a layer of form milk and cinnamon powder.

There you have it! Your very own homemade Sweet Potato Latte.

0 comments:

Post a Comment